homeaboutfreebiesshopadvertise

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Stamping Fun

I was in a desperate need of a decent envelope today, my husband's relative had been sending him lots of good things and he wanted to thank him with a proper thank you note in an envelope. Due to the relative's tradition, it's not polite to use a white blank, usual office envelope, so here's what I do in a very limited time. (It is effectively cheap and fast!)

I have a stack of self-carved eraser stamps, if you're like me, who unexpectedly always have to decorate something quickly, it might be a good idea to carve in your spare time and make 2 or 3 stamps as a start. If you want to carve your own eraser stamp, Geninne has a very good tutorial on how to start carving.

So here are my weapons of urgent envelope decorating.

What's a pencil doing up there? I used the eraser head to make red dots, not exactly a dot since I have used the head to erase earlier, but I like my non-dot.

It's the final envelope. Quick and easy. It works well to spiceup a fabric (use a fabric ink pad), cards, book covers, envelope liners, etc..or in case you need a gift wrapper but you only have a blank brown piece of paper.

12 comments:

  1. yay, that's so cute! I have yet to get hold of an x-acto knife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it also helps if you have artistic talent :) wonderful
    %*_*%

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that's very genius! thank you for sharing, i shall try one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh.. and you always have great links to share..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give it a try, everyone! It's very addictive when you are done with one, two, and another, and another..

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello sweets, i promise never to sell my bramble hedge mice on ebay.. the thought never crossed my mind. actually my husband and i were dreaming of the day when our great grandchildren find them in some old trunk in an attic somewhere. they really are that nice!! they look like they will wake up and play when we all go to sleep. they are not a play thing so it is going to be hard for the girls not to touch them, not sure how or where to display them yet. cant wait for the squeals on easter morning!!
    %*_*% rosey

    ReplyDelete
  7. definitely going to try this out! thanks for the tip :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I love the colors that you chose...and that's just genius the way you used the pencil eraser for dots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's such a pretty envelope you've made there:) & geninne's art blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahh thats such a cute envelope! definitely gonna try it heee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um, best idea ever?!? I love dressing up the envelopes I send and this idea rocks, I love it! I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time on commenting! I love all your comments and really appreciate your thoughts. If you wish for a personal reply, please tell me and leave me your email address along with your comment.