homeaboutfreebiesshopadvertise

Friday, April 16, 2010

Felt in Love


I just discovered felt. Pretty late. Amazing material, isn't it? And the perfect texture to practice my so called sewing skills, hello, please, learn to sew a button first, deario. Felt is not easy to get wrinkly, or stretch up, or fray, it's jut perfect, though some lower quality felt tend to be furry.

Made this flower brooch/hairpin/whatever, I haven't put anything in the back according to this tutorial by A Hoot and Holler, amazing tut. Instead of rounded petals I shaped it more and used 3 sized petals to made 3 flowers and tiered them, I ran out of pompoms too, so I just lazily rolled a leftover felt around to its center. Sssssh, novice. Go learn sew a button!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! You took it to another level!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower you made !!! Yes, I also find felt an amazing material !!! Just love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i think it came out really well! what a pretty flower. you should make more. :D

    ♥ erica
    sweetsandhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! i'm going to try that when i get my hands on felt :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your flower!!! I put a link and a photo (with your permission ?) on my second blog ( http://galimamphigouric.canalblog.com/archives/2010/05/19/17948475.html )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time on commenting! I love all your comments and really appreciate your thoughts. If you wish for a personal reply, please tell me and leave me your email address along with your comment.