homeaboutfreebiesshopadvertise

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Flashback and a little chat.

Let's see, today I, myself, went to the doctor, I have this cough that has stayed for as long as I can remember (I am exaggerating it, I think it's 1 or 2 months). I thought it was nothing serious, I never smoke and I live in a smoke-free house, I can exercise, eat, and sleep well, I can still regularly do daily activity, well, I just cough a little. But there's something about airline regulation of putting on an oxygen mask for yourself first before helping your accompanying children, isn't it? I want to be healthy, for my sake and Baby G's sake. So I went. And he diagnosed .. (probably) TB, tuberculosis.

.. isn't it like, the plague that could kill hundred or thousand people and children in 18 or 19 something? I was mortified! I was never expected something so serious! The doctor said I have it from someone else, might be anywhere, in the park, at the mall, anywhere. I will know my lab result tomorrow, so I really am praying it's not that serious.

Speaking of illness, I have some pictures the moment right before Baby G was sick. After she was sick, I had no urge to take any photograph at all. She was all laugh and play, and.. I remember what my mom used to say, "Illness (in babies and children) strikes like a lightning and goes away like a snail". I think it's some Chinese proverb, but it's true. She was a little miss sunshine one morning and later on the afternoon she couldn't barely open her eyes! Sigh... anyway, yep, she started to walk and yep, it's her father a.k.a the hubby.

The lotus got nothing to do with the story, but it's so pretty I have to share it.

OK, don't be blue by all this illness chitchat. I have saved the great news for last. I won a chickdowntown giveaway a few weeks ago, and it just arrived. It was a very very "it" acid wash jeans, I am keeping it for my (more fashionable and has better gene) sister. My post baby bod won't allow me in something very "it", darling. So, if you're into fashion or like me, a fashion fool, but really enjoys staring at fashion pictures, head on to chickdowntown. Great service indeed, and they're having a free shipping promo (and yes, they do ship your item in that sophisticated white box with black satin bow!). Chin up, ladies, this is good news! Happy Tuesday!


8 comments:

  1. Oh the dreaded cough that lingers.I am crossing my fingers for you lovely lady that you do not have such a dreadful thing but if (heavens forbid!!!!!!) you do,medicine today is better than ever and they are coping with things that used to be horrendous so you will be ok.I'm sure.Funny about the genes and the jeans.Thats me and my sister too : )xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear, I hope it's nothing serious! Wishing the very best for you and Baby G's health.

    P.S. nice to see your hubby making an appearance in your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweetie, I hope you are feeling better soon, I'm sure everything will be ok. I love your photo's and your little one is so adorable. I am sending lots of good thoughts and love your way xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you get better! and that is a cute photo of baby g and her dad :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. sending you (((get better hugs)). your baby is so sweet and lucky to have such a loving mother and father.
    smooches
    p.s. are you still on twitter? i tweet but never see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get better soon!
    Baby G's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tuberculosis was a big deal in the old days, but I think it's pretty easy to cure now. Don't get too alarmed, you're going to be just fine. I think the picture of Baby G with her dad is just adorable! I hope that you and her are both feeling much better before too long.

    Regarding your comment on my blog, it's funny because I knew EVERYONE when I lived in Morris. My teachers knew my parents, the police men knew my name. We would have cookouts and all our neighbors would show up. We would grill hamburgers and drink tea on the patio.

    But the down side is that we had no privacy. If a couple was having marital problems, everybody in town knew about it. Everybody seems to meddle in everyone else's lives, and it can be very annoying. But for the most part, it was a pleasant part of my life. Thank you so much for your reply! I found it very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time on commenting! I love all your comments and really appreciate your thoughts. If you wish for a personal reply, please tell me and leave me your email address along with your comment.