homeaboutfreebiesshopadvertise

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Vintage Christmas

I have been up and down with the joy of decorating for Christmas lately, did I mention that this is my favorite time of the year? I have been living with my husband for 4 years now, moving into the house, being pregnant, and having a baby for the first 3 and half years, we didn't have time to "intentionally" decorating for Christmas (quickly cut paper snowflakes were always present, and there were always Christmas card garlands..). We never set up a tree before, and I just think we didn't have one, so I suggested why don't we buy one with the decorations. My husband said he actually has one buried somewhere deep inside the boxes we never touched since we moved in. He took the tree out along with the decorations. I never thought that it was a very beautiful vintage ornaments from the 70's! Where did he get those? My husband share a very different aesthetics than me, I thought his Christmas ornaments would filled with glassy crystal and white classics balls.. Well, I'm overjoyed with these quirky ornaments.. take a look...

Fruits on Christmas tree? Why not? did you notice the orange with eyes and a nose?


Is the hole on the leaf originally there or is it because it was made before I was born?


..and this happy fella, what should he be? A catterpillar?


..aaaw he transformed into a happy butterfly!!


..and finally, old St. Nick never looked this ..er..charmed before..


What's your Christmas style this year?

14 comments:

  1. Wow.. I love your vintage Christmas tree! The caterpillar and butterfly are too cute!! I wish I can have a Christmas tree at home but my parents are against the idea of celebrating Christmas in a Buddhist family (sad). Nonetheless, I am going to have a pretty vintage one like yours when I move out in future.

    I hope your Hong Kong trip was fun? :)

    Rheea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, my christmas style is Tilda meets confused. I love your xmas style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ornaments are gorgeous! My favorite is the butterfly. This year, my style is traditional. At least, it is tradition in my family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your vintage decorations. I have just blogged about my favourite little fairies that we have had on our tree since I was a child - my mum still puts them up every year (I've smuggled one out so that I can have one on my own tree now that I'm all grown up). Love your blog jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooooooooooh my goodness, this makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh so lovely...

    Enjoy these days!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty ornaments!! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy buterfly nya cute banget <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those ornaments are positively fantastic! I've never seen any quite like them. What treasures! I love retro ornaments. If I had more time and energy, I'd do a few different trees, but alas we did only one this year. The decorations are all antique white, beige and silver and have an old-world German feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Got lots of gift ideas from this blog. Love your gift ideas and vintage Christmas decoration post. I am also trying like this. Keep sharing. Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all your information, Website is very nice and informative content.
    Signature:
    friv , games2girls , juegos de frozen , unblocked games ,

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site and I am so happy. Images are Fab!! thank you so much for giving us a chance to have this opportunity! I will be back soon for updates. Visit cooker

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you finding any technical error in your HP product regarding your HP Products- printer and laptops and so? contact HP Chat Support to fix your problems. we are here for your help. call now! we will answer your call within 60 seconds!
    HP Chat Support

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time on commenting! I love all your comments and really appreciate your thoughts. If you wish for a personal reply, please tell me and leave me your email address along with your comment.